Thursday, 17 August 2017

Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Rose Gold Retro Review/Swatches

Hi all, hope everything is well :)


Today I will be discussing a new liquid eyeshadow by Stila. It's a long one, as seen in the title, 'Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow.' The shade that I have is in 'Rose Gold Retro,' and let me tell you, this is full-impact foiled glitter! I LOVE it. Wearing a dab on my eyes never fails to garner compliments from friends and fellow classmates! Each time! Let's get straight into it!



Rose Gold Retro is basically, what you'd simply call 'rose gold.' Or more descriptively, a warm-toned, light pink/champagne with a noticeable amount of peachy copper in it. There is plenty of glitter and shimmer in this product, but balanced in a way the formula applies like liquid (rose) gold :D 




How do you apply it? Essentially the product is like a lip gloss for your eyelids. The doe-foot applicator is so easy to use! What I like to do is swipe a small amount on the eyelids as desired, then dab a little with my finger to sheer it out a bit. Not too sheer, but enough to get that foiled effect. 



The formula is magic! As I've mentioned earlier, pretty much like liquid gold as you apply. No chunks or blobs in sight. Finely milled glitter of smooth liquid consistency. So as you can see from the swatches, you can apply however much as you desire. I have swiped some to show how intense the product can go, then sheered it out to illustrate how you would usually wear this on the eyes. Again, I prefer a more intense glitter so I might apply more and layer if not enough! Ha! :D 


This is me with Rose Gold Retro on my inner half of my eyes. Gasp! I know, I haven't uploaded a recent picture on my blog in aaaaaaages!


I actually had uni on yesterday when I took this pic! Haha. Which is why makeup is left relatively subtle. The eyes did the talking. I received two compliments on this very eyeshadow yesterday too. Which proves... that it never fails to! ;)


:)

Full makeup breakdown:
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 52
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
- NARS Blush Palette 'One Shocking Moment' mix of Blasphemy and Luster
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer
- Laura Mercier Eyeshadow in Whiskey
- MAC Extra Dimension Eye Shadow in Havana

- ... and of course this very product I have been telling you all about! :) "Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Rose Gold Retro" told you it was a long name!




~Rose Gold Retro is a very versatile shade that allows you much freedom to experiment eyeshadow looks with. I like to add it as the final step to my darker brown smokey eyes. In my experience this shade complements warm undertone eyeshadows as a base, but I can imagine it being compatible with many eyeshadow combinations! :) Experiment, experiment, experiment! That's what I intend to do! 



Other words,

I initially tried the shade 'Kitten Karma' in Mecca Maxima because I knew how much of a cult-following the eyeshadow shade 'Kitten' is, (a shimmery champagne beige) within Stila as a brand. It looked really nice swatched on my pale wintery hand... but on my eyes it's a different story. It wasn't warm or deep enough for my dark brown eyes. So I had 'Kitten Karma' applied on my eyes for the day, but opted for 'Rose Gold Retro' after judging from another swatch on my hand. It was a bit of a gamble, but I am lucky to say, it really delivers! I also want to add that the formula for Kitten Karma was also very impressive. Well, impressive enough to convince me to try another shade from this line - which I am happy I did!

~Thank you for reading thus far! That's all from me for today, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to drop down one below. :)

Have a beautiful day! 
~lala

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angela,
    You look beautiful, Love the glitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog lalasbeaute has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 100 Australian Beauty Blogs on the web.

    https://blog.feedspot.com/australian_beauty_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 100 Australian Beauty Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete