Friday, 17 February 2017

Scents I loved this SUMMER!~

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Summer is nearly ending! As we head into late February and late summer, all I feel is a slight sadness to farewell this holiday break, yet also an honest relief to feel the mercury drop a bit under 20C... and relish in its cooler change. 



Summer is a tricky time scent-wise, especially if you live somewhere prone to heatwaves and humidity. Perfume is probably one of the last things I would want to anoint myself with when it is getting in the high 30s, early 40s - it happens! Rather than leaving a pleasant smell, any scent can smell rotten and sweaty on the skin!

However, I have discovered two scents that smell its best during the Aussie summertime. The Body Shop's Italian Summer Fig and Penhaligon's Amaranthine. Refreshing, sensual, skin-like scents that leave a sensual trail in the breeze.


Italian Summer Fig is the The Body Shop's take on the cult-favourite Diptyque Philosykos, which is actually a really lovely, crisp yet milky fig. Both the EDT and body mist formulations of Italian Summer Fig are light and gentle in sillage; translucent even. A softer and more fleeting Philosykos, but certainly a great dupe at a very acceptable price. So you won't feel bad about spraying it everywhere, and anywhere you please!

I also bought the body cream during The Body Shop's post-festive season sale. So many good things to be had. You know what, I just checked and much of its stock are still on sale! Quick get onto it! The body mist was something like $9.95 and so was the body cream. 

Personally I've made good use out of this Italian Summer Fig collection this summer, and I just love it. Beautiful sunkissed fig smell. If you've ever had the opportunity to snap a few figs or fig leaves off the plant, you will know this aroma well and this captures it like a charm.  Appropriately named Italian Summer Fig! :) 



Another that has taken me through this summer journey is Penhaligon's Amaranthine. I have already written a short review and mentioned it in my 'Perfumes I loved in 2016' post not long ago. Go check that out :D 

Just effortless, balmy, and sensual but in a relaxed and confident way. I just love the feeling this evokes when I wear this. It really mixes with your skin for that 'lived in' touch. That, is what I say, is an endorsement because not all perfumes can react with your skin in such a way. That kids, is what skin chemistry is! Haha.. I should go teach PERFUME101 and begin lectures for Autumn semester!!! LOL just kidding!

~

These scents will leave you feeling like you're on holiday - even if you're not!

Thanks for reading and I hope you have had a lovely summer and enjoyed the warmer moments with a few special scents to call your own. :) 
Bye for now! 

~lala

No comments:

Post a Comment