Friday, 10 April 2015

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Global Glow Review/Swatches/Look

I bought myself a new mineralize skinfinish from MAC only yesterday. Out of all items at MAC, I would only go crazy for their limited editions and mineralize skinfinishes. You might be wondering what these fancily-named products are!
~


MAC MSF in 2014 new packaging

Mineralize Skinfinishes are more commonly used as highlighters, as well as blushes or bronzers, depending on the shade and your skin tone. When used with a wet brush, they can impact a metallic sheen. Using this method you can create an eyeshadow look. So it is very versatile for it being a single product!



The photographs above depict the product in the new packaging. It does not have a clasp to hold onto and open, but rather it is magnetic. I had a bit of trouble opening these in the store. The trick is to hold on the bottom and gently open the lid. I find the magnetic click so satisfying to close. 

~

Global Glow works more like a bronzer/highlighter for me. It is a peachy, slightly tan, natural bronze on my fair-medium skin tone. I have also tried it as a wet eyeshadow and it creates a gorgeous more warm toned, honey gold, calling forth a rose gold nuance. Pairing the complementary face and eye makeup together looks sun-kissed and natural, which I would show you later in this post.


Above, indoor lighting swatches



Here is Global Glow under direct sunlight. The glitter and gold shimmer is shown in the spotlight, blurring out the rest.

The negative to which I have experienced so far is the powder build-up. When you swirl a brush into the pan, powder settles in the edges of the pan. For the price at $47 I wish it was not so powdery as this creates mess and impacts on daily usage. I have the tendency to use up all the excess powder after every use. 

Here is what Global Glow looks like on my face.


I used MAC Global Glow as a blush/contour on my face, and applied with a wet eye shadow brush on my eyes to impart a foiled metallic sheen. It is a very versatile bronzed look that could work for all skin tones. Apply with a light hand i warn you though, a little swirl in the pan creates enough pigment for a natural 'glow.'


I can imagine this look being quick and easy enough for everyday, you can skip the wet brush application instead for a no-fuss wash on the lids plus a sweep on your contours and you are ready to go! I can also see this complementing a blue-eyed girl, where the copper pigments in Global Glow would simply enhance the blue of the eyes.


Products used

Face:
Dior Star Foundation 10
Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer 52
MAC Global Glow

Eyes: 
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
MAC Global Glow
Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner Black
Maybelline Plush Mascara Black
NYX Sahara (highlight)

Lips:
Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid Lipstick Vibrant Mandarin (dabbed lightly)

I would recommend this MSF for medium and darker skin tones because of its honey-bronze tones and good pigmentation. If you have blue eyes and have a bit of a tan in the summer, this would also be particularly flattering on the eyes. 

In light of what I have said, I actually prefer to wear this when I have a lighter foundation on, because I come across as 'too tanned' and bronzed when I use my summer foundation shades. I look forward to using this as an instant glow in wintertime.

Have a nice day/night everyone!~

x lala

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I love it on your cheekbone. I was considering using it as a bronzer. Definitely worth a try ;)

    ReplyDelete