Tuesday, 21 April 2015

L'Artisan Nuit de Tubereuse / Mona di Orio Tubereuse Fragrance Reviews


L'Artisan Nuit de Tubereuse / Mona di Orio Tubereuse Fragrance Reviews

Hi, hope you are having a fragrant day. This is a review of two niche perfumes that inspired me... *~*~* Here is a visual delight to have you imagining the scent~


What was compiled in this post was actually inspired by the moment when I tested L'Artisan Nuit de Tubereuse and had a bit of a deja vu moment and discovered that it smelled like and reminded me of Mona di Orio Tubereuse. They definitely have something similar going on and that is what I would be discussing here. Both perfumes celebrate one of my favourite notes - tuberose!



Nuit de Tubereuse scared me with its opening of dominant pink pepper and cloves. I was not ready for such a spicy welcome, especially with my usual tuberose scents. I like them clean, natural and fresh. Very quickly however, it moved on to a flirty tuberose sweetened by a touch of mango nectar. This lends a tropical, humid feel with the fruits, spices and florals. Yummy and sultry, it gets better with time definitely as it becomes sweeter, creamier, softer and a more feminine floral musky skin scent. Don't be afraid of the initial spices like I was, because the pink pepper and cloves do not last long but rather, add an accent to the tuberose note, creating a multi-dimensional oriental floral. This scent is very lovely but I am afraid that I will be draining my sample very quickly!


~



Tubereuse has a green, spicy and creamy blast at first which makes me think of how this could work very well as a unisex tuberose. As time passes and the scent develops on my skin, i sense green coconuts or coconut water, a gentle reminder of balmy summer days drinking these straight from the fruit. It gets even warmer though as I detect a hint of sunscreen, which I quite like and find surprising in one of Mona di Orio's perfumes. I imagine the rest of her line to be refined and classic like Musc, so colour me confused when I find a scent familiarly modern! As the perfume wears on, I also feel more pink pepper, not my all-time favourite note but I suppose that I can handle it here. Pink pepper is present during the whole duration, a spicy kick to awaken the senses and handle the creaminess from the coconut and sunscreen accord. The dry down is warm, musky and fuzzy in texture from the coconut, amber, heliotrope and white floral ensemble. This is no big white floral bouquet, it is a tuberose plant on holiday, somewhere tropical and humid with fresh coconuts and sunscreen. I recommend Mona di Orio's Tubereuse for both men and women, due to the spiciness from the pink pepper and this deters the composition from being too girly and pretentious. This is the only tuberose scent I own that I would declare it undoubtedly unisex! Perfectly appropriate for any relaxed occasion, try it for yourself.


~

As I tested NdT for the first time today, it instantly reminded me of Tubereuse. It turns out that they both share some notes in common, one being the tuberose obviously, two, the zingy pink pepper, and three, the musky warmth from both. They differ in that NdT follows a fruity nectar path from the mango with subdued spices, whereas Tubereuse has a green opening that leads to a fresh coconut, then coconut milk, and eventually a musky sunscreen base. I appreciate both for being quite unique interpretations and different as tuberose-driven compositions. It is suggested that you try both Tubereuse and NdT if you are fond of the tuberose note but want to try alternatives.

~

I hope you enjoyed this review and take a glimpse at their fragrantica fragrance profiles in the links provided. It was definitely an interesting reviewing experience for me, and would love your thoughts on what your most adored notes are in perfume? Tuberose and most florals in general are loved by me!


Smelling great,

x lala

No comments:

Post a Comment