Monday, 23 September 2013

Bondi Junction Haul

Yo! Last weekend I went with my other good friend Gillian to go shopping in Bondi Junction Westfield (Sydney). I can't say I bought a lot of things... although it's a reasonable haul for my no-work allowance. These are the things I got ->


You are probably looking at the Beatles shirt on the left there (well I am!). You ask, "where is it from?" This shirt is actually from Cotton On! It was on sale at 2 for $30 or $20 each. I only got one so it was twenty dollars for me.


It is quite long as you can see, and I like to pair this shirt with dark tights as it covers my bum!


The piece of clothing to the right is a jumper from All About Eve in Myer. It was priced originally at $50 but was reduced to $12.50! 


I really like this jumper! It is so comfortable and keeps me warm as there is woolly material inside, this jumper is 100% cotton.


Next, I bought a NARS brow gel in Oural (clear) from Mecca Cosmetica. It cost $35.


It's a fairly good, first brow gel for me. It leaves your brows neat and tame, although quite stiff. It holds all day long and should be washed off with makeup remover. I like this one!


This is my Inglot Pearl 430 eyeshadow. It is a pigmented 'bold' gold that is very flattering to brown and blue eyes. As with all Inglot pearl eyeshadows, they are smooth, almost buttery, have great colour pay-off and don't fade!


These refill pans are magnetic and are supposed to go in the Inglot Freedom System but I bought mine solely so I could put it in my UNII palette. This eye shadow pan was $10 :)



Murine Tears for dry, gritty, tired eyes, is the eye drop fluid that I bought out of pure desperation. I was wearing contact lenses for 5 hours, and my eyes were all crazy and dry! I had to find eye drops that day because I wasn't carrying any and HALLELUJAH! I found these at Woolworths after searching for almost an eternity. I didn't apply any drops until I went on the train back but these actually saved my eyes. I felt a cool, soothing sensation and my dry, blurry eyes calmed down within the next 5 minutes. This stuff works, but don't put more than two drops in one eye if you don't have really dry eyes. Your eyes will feel hurt, and you might feel a nerve ending(?). I can't go into all medical details, but it's not a nice feeling when you over-apply. Recommended retail price is $9.99 but I bought at $9.10



I was given a sample of BCBG Max Azria Bon Chic by a lovely SA in David Jones. We talked about Annick Goutal perfumes, Prada Candy L'Eau and notes in fragrances. I found out that her favourite Annick Goutal was Petite Cherie, whereas I hated it due to the synthetic pear note. She (I don't remember her name :O) asked me what I liked and I told her
"The one I am wearing now! Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau from Mecca Cosmetica." 
She smelled my wrist and she expressed great interest saying how nice it was, and thanking me for showing her a new scent she likes. I asked for the best sweet scents and she let me test the Bon Chic which I liked. However I wanted a more creamy, vanillic, sweet scent, to which she suggested the new Prada addition Candy L'Eau. I didn't like that one much because it lacks the real gourmand qualities and instead infused a light concoction of caramel and citrus. To this stage, my friends were becoming really hungry and asked if we could have lunch (hehe hungry hobos), I told the the SA that I would be off to lunch but might come back for more testing but she kindly offered me a sample of Bon Chic that I tested earlier on. I was over the moon because I don't usually receive samples from sales assistants! My secret to nab a free sample or two? Initiate a good chat about fragrances with the SA about the perfumes you like, your thoughts, and any questions for them. Make sure you have some prior knowledge beforehand though!

~
Well that's it for my mini Bondi Junction Haul, hope this haul inspired you to go shopping again.

x lala



No comments:

Post a Comment