Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Colours of the Rainbow Tag



This tag must be one of the coolest and cutest ones out there and is my very first one (yay!) Well what is it? This is a simple tag where you choose beauty products from the colours of the rainbow. Example is a red lipstick for the colour red. The order goes ROYGBIV plus pink and multi-coloured so there is a total of nine colours. I have cheated a little bit by adding two products instead of one for a colour. This is because I couldn't choose between them; they were just that awesome!

Red


This has to go to my humble old Lucas Papaw Ointment. I have been using this for years and the same tube seems to be going on forever. It makes your lips like a baby's; so soft and supple. Cracks and peeling no more! You can use this the same way as Vaseline. Cheap and highly recommended!

Orange


This is Hera's Sun Mate Daily Sunscreen. Pleasant formula that is lotion-based and blends in smoothly. Does have a bit of an oily sheen, so beware oily-skinned gals! Light floral scent that goes away after application. Available from Ebay otherwise Asia-exclusive.


Yellow



Another Asia-exclusive, the Maybelline Magnum Waterproof Mascara.
Wow! This mascara made my lashes very lengthened and curled! It has a slightly drier formula compared to non-waterproof formulas and it defines lashes well. Great choice for lengthening short lashes.  I got mine for $7 on Ebay which is a steal. I recommend this for anyone looking for a good curling, defining an lengthening mascara thats also waterproof. :)


Green


Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Concealer is a medicated concealer that helps to clear and prevent blemishes. The gentle, soothing, oil-free formula provides natural-looking coverage as blemishes heal. I got the concealer in shade 04 which is a light green tint which helps counteract redness. It works superbly for the redness around the nose and any random breakouts.

Teehee, I told you I cheated a bit, didn't I? This is the second product, the NYX Single Eyeshadow in Kiwi. A true to colour yellow-green. Has a bit of understated shimmer that is best suited with yellows and golds. Recommended for an edgy makeup look.

Blue


First ever eye shadow primer to the left is Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Let me just tell you, this is INGENIOUS! Begin bare-faced. Use a tiny dot and pat it on all over the eyelid and then apply any eye shadow. It makes most eye shadows brighter and last longer, than it would of been when worn alone. Also prevents creasing and allow shadows to stick to your eyelid. Holy Grail status for me.

Next is Maybelline Babe Skin Pore Eraser which I bought during a visit to China. It is marketed as a pore erasing primer that holds your makeup and makes your skin soft and smooth. It is also light weight and breathable. This primer is a fragrance free translucent gel with a rather thick consistency. However it is extremely easy to blend and hasn't made me break out! Note: this does not make your pores smaller although it claims to make your pores go away. Try this if you can get hold of it.


Indigo


One of my favourite eye shadows is NYX Single Eye shadow in Morocco. A dark blue-based periwinkle indigo that can be used for eyeliner or in the crease. Beautiful colour and smooth texture. One of NYX's better eye shadows I have experienced.

Violet


Mac Grand Galaxy Extra Dimension Eye shadow. A difficult colour to describe as it is a blend of purple, blue, grey and taupe. Again, works nicely as a crease colour or lid colour. Takes on a metallic finish with the shimmer present. Would repurchase if it wasn't limited edition.

Pink


My two newly acquired perfumes that I have slowly fallen in love with. They are two very different scents. To the left is Katy Perry Meow 100ml released in 2011 featuring notes of tangerine, pear, jasmine and gardenia; the heart are honeysuckle, lily of the valley and orange blossom, while the sweet base features aromas of amber, vanilla, sandalwood and musk. A simple and sweet girly perfume for the younger audience. Tres creamy and enjoyable!

Lolita Lempicka L'eau en Blanc 100ml is a perfume created intended for brides however I use it when I want to smell clean like soap! The fragrance is dreamy and romantic, inspired by the scent of white violets, which is interpreted in the signature Lolita Lempicka gourmand style. The top notes include powdery iris and violet leaves. Violet flower in the heart is enriched with sweet aromas of cherry, raspberry and liquorice, while the base is woody and oriental due to accords of vetiver, tonka bean, heliotrope and musk. Tres powdery and nostalgic, reminds me of something lost in childhood memories. I like it but I don't necessarily adore it. Still worth buying in my opinion.

Multi-Coloured


Sportsgirl Nail Polish in Fruit Salad. A clear base with holographic glitter that has a semi-thick formula and glossy shine. I am satisfied with this polish and the price which was $7.95 AUD. I would of chosen a rainbow glitter polish by SAVVY but I can't find it (darn it!) I apologize for that but this would have to do.

Please comment and share if you enjoyed this tag or if you would like to see some swatches. Have a smashing day darlings! :-)

1 comment: